Friday, November 19, 2010

Edmonds to Vancouver B.C.

OK, here we go on our trip. We left Edmonds Washington around 8:10 AM. We're due in Vancouver around 11:30 AM. I gew up in Edmonds so it's always nice to visit. Edmonds is located 15 miles North of Seattle along Puget Sound. There's a ferry terminal in Edmonds too. It's a transportation hub I guess.

I had flown in the day before from Denver so my trip actually began there. Nothing worth recording for posterity, the flight was packed but on time. Then they lost my luggage. They finally delivered it at 11:00 the night before this morning. Whew, that was close. They said they would deliver it to me in Canada if they didn't find it in time. I was going to make them deliver it to Winnipeg.




Barbara on the platform in Edmonds. We be ready.








Here comes the Amtrak Cascades

North of Edmonds there is a shipwreck on the shore. I took a brief video. I had just bought the video camera, my first ever, so my video skills were not very developed. I should have shot a lot more video along Puget Sound. Next time I will. Across the water is Whidbey Island. My family used to spend every summer on Whidbey. Great memories.

I didn't take any more pictures until we settled in Vancouver. I can say this; I'm a window watcher. We spotted a seal North of Edmonds and another one as we were entering Vancouver. We also spotted a total of ten Bald Eagles starting just North of Edmonds ending North of the Canadian border near White Rock B.C.
That's a good amount of wild life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment