Sunday, November 7, 2010

Churchill Manitoba Polar Bear Tour

 bvvvcfOK, our main objective has been reached, Churchill Manitoba. It's way up North on Hudsons Bay and it is where the Polar Bears congregate before they go out on the ice to feed.

We booked a tour on the Tundra Buggy. Here is a shot of the interior of the buggy.
This ia a mama Polar Bear preparing to nurse her cubs.
The tundra buggy road is well used.
There's a Polar Bear investigating another Tundra Buggy.
Polar Bear checking our buggy out.
Here's a short AVI video.

Bored, are we?
If you're in the Arctic and see prints like these, go the opposite direction.
Not much to do on a windy snowy day on the tundra.
I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. De Mille.
You're no Nora Desmond, my Ursine friend.
Rolling around like a bear.
                                                                    Mr. Bear.
                                                             Who let the bears out?
Ahhh, life at the top of the food chain. Good for now, future is bleak. One of the reasons for this trip was to see Polar Bears before they're gone.
Cute like a giant kitty.
That's all the good pictures we took. I deleted some of my pics before I saved them to my laptop so I used some of Barbaras. Hers are the ones that are date stamped.


Next is the two day train trip back to Winnipeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment