Friday, November 5, 2010

Arrive in Toronto, fly home

Here is where our train journey ends. Toronto Ontario Canada.

Wow, it has been awesome. So many new experiences. We arrive in Toronto at 9:30 AM. Barbara and I part company at this point. She goes on by VIA rail to Montreal where she will meet her brother from Vermont then fly back to Seattle on Monday. Me I have a flight back to Denver at 3:00 PM so I'm going to try to see some sights before I go.
       Here's a shot as we enter the station. You can see Ontario Commuter Rail engines.
 This is inside the station in Toronto.
Theres the schedule for departing trains
    Right outside the station is the fabulous  Fairmount Royal York Hotel, built when the Union Station was built.
Ontario commuter rail.
Ontario commuter rail.                                                                                


















The fantastic CN Tower. I went up. $27 to the top plus access to the sky pod.







 
Good view from up there. On a clear day you can see Rochester New York.






From the CN tower I saw Roundhouse Park. It has a real roundhouse with some old trains but there was also a scale model steam train that has tracks al through the park. I'l have to visit in the Summer to see the model train. Here's some track shots:
 There were tracks going everywhere, it was really cool. Below is the turntable. The locomotive must be in the garage.
 There must be over a mile of track.
 Here's a few shots of the big trains in Roundhouse Park. You can see the Blue Jay's Sky Dome in the background. Known now as Rogers Center. Rogers is the Comcast of Canada.
 The two main railroads in Canada are the Canadian National and the Canadian Pacific.
 Steam power!


<><><><><><><><>

Above you can see Union Station in Toronto. I saw as much as I could then I caught a shuttle to the airport. I checked in at 2:08 for a 3:04 flight. Then I had to go through customs and TSA. I lost my shaving cream, mouthwash & toothpaste to TSA. Oh well, no big deal.

I got to my flight as it was boarding. Whew, that was close. Then I caught a flight to Chicago and another one home to Denver.

What a fantastic trip. I LOVE CANADA, EH?

      

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I loved seeing your trip photos! I am from Canada, just east of Ottawa, and moved to Denver about 2.5 years ago. I found your biking blog because my husband and I love to bike the Denver trails, and I enjoy that blog too! Then I saw a Canada trip, and knew I had to come and look, eh! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete